Our data representative for the purpose of the GDPR is Philippe Dumas, which you can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What data do we collect?
We collect information about you when you voluntarily subscribe to our newsletter, fill in forms on our website, or require further information and services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How and why do we process the data?
We collect information about you to process your inquiry and, if you signed up to the news service, to email you about news that we think may be of interest to you.
We also use information to:
- Ensure you a smooth navigation experience on our website.
- Administer our site or subscription services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Provide services and allow you to participate interactively in the case of a membership subscription.
- Notify you about important changes to your subscription or our contacts with you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and improvement. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
EGEC will not share your information with third party marketers without your consent. We may however use named third-party service providers to process and store user data.
What third party service providers do we use?
We may use the following third-party service providers to process and store your data:
- Google Analytics (provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA), which we use for web analysis of details on your visit to our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. We do not use Google Analytics for targeted advertising services.
- Novabee, a Belgium based company which manages our IT infrastructure.
How do we protect your data?
We have put in place security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Members’ accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, you may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you have consented to receive email campaigns, you may opt out at any time at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted, or fear a violation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website, so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
How to contact us